Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sing To Me

After UY recorded our last album Still we wrote a song called Sing To Me. It's really gotten some great attention since we've played it live for quite some time now. We can only imagine the kind of results it'll have once it's fully recorded. Someone said that it's already topping the charts in Japan from a demo version that was leaked - who knows? So the other day while we were in the studio I put together a video of the song for everyone. A little background on the lyrics of the song: At one point my wife and I were kind of homeless. I had just started working on my masters degree and working as a substitute teacher, my wife was pregnant and working, and we were homeless. One night after my wife had tried to pick up a second job working at a surf shop in Haleiwa she came home and cried her eyes out to me because everything was just piling up way too much for us. Back in those days of homelessness I would sing her to sleep at night playing an acoustic and eventually wrote 'Sing To Me.' It seems like the most difficult moments have brought out some of the best musical ideas. So, here's a personal version of 'Sing To Me' for you that'll be on our upcoming album, A Sense of Urgency. ps We won't take this one down after 24 hours. We'll leave it here so you can keep coming back and get your sneak peak of the upcoming album.

5 comments:

Aloha said...

Hells yia! That was tight man. Mark your the man. Slammin that out like a pro! Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head for another month! haha. A hui hou.

Anonymous said...

That was an incredible song. I can't wait until the album comes out. If only you guys could tour down here in Georgia.

Anonymous said...

frt, jimmy. You sound awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Marc!! Love the new song and I can't wait to hear the rest of the album! :)

Anonymous said...

good stuff marc. glad to see you guys survived.

xoxo